bpw

Monday, March 28, 2011

Alligators on Campus


So, I just kept getting closer and closer to this gator and then when it finally moved, I think I may have wet myself a little.  Luckily it when into the water and didn't go for my arms!  The sign says that you are supposed to stay back 20 feet, I think I made it within 6 feet of the gator.  It was a bit scary since I had to turn away each time I took a photo.  Apparently if you zigzag when you are running in fear you can out run them.  Knowing this justified the proximity.



This one on the other hand was about twice the size of the first gator and I stayed about 25 feet back and didn't want to turn away for a picture...

So I've gone back to see if I could get closer to this monster, and though I did, I still kept my distance.
 

Brian P. Weaver. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved